Wednesday, March 25, 2009

19 years later..


It all came back to me...or I came back to it.
To the love, to him..Al..

Sal and Al, father and son, joyfully on ths photo, so many years ago..

I got to know about Al's masterpiece film The Godfather only in 1990 though my family always told me about it..before, i was too young to watch it with patience.

But when i did......it was something like nothing else.
From that moment on i looked for other movies with Al, watched all i could find, longed to watch the few i couldn't find.

I wrote about him, wanted to send but didn't...i guess...did i?

I wanted SO MUCH to go to NY and meet him...tell him everything i was feeling right away.

I don't know where feelings come from...those strong, unique, endless feelings.
Don't know how they arise on us.
But they do.

Al's the proof of it.

Everytime I watch The Godfather or any other movie with him is like watching a brother, someone I know well, I can really relate to.

I feel Al isn't a mysterious person, he's so simple, completely down to earth, so communicative, so humble, he himself doens't see 20% of the self-value we see in him. Cause it is indeed something hard, i imagine, for the "idol" to imagine himself on our shoes.

But i always try to imagine myself on anyone's shows, specially those i love so much, like him.

Al was never a celebrity, not just a name, a star, something shallow and easy to lable.

He always showed so much strength and courage through his films, like i rarely see on other actors. Each is unique, that is certain.

He is my favorite, has been for 19 years and will always be.

I will go there and see him with my eyes, for he deserves to be loved by us, for he is really GREAT, one of the best persons I ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment